Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Flickr'ing About

I was taken to task by another blogger for not participating in the Flickr exercises. From what I had read, I didn't feel a need to look any further; but the fact remains that I didn't do my homework ;(

So I spent the better part of three hours Flickr'ing and Mashup'ing and, while I found it highly entertaining, I'm not sure that I really learned much. Bear in mind that if I had something I might actually call a hobby, 2D and 3D image creation and manipulation would have been a substantial part of that for the last thirty years.

My favorite mashup was the one that converts a photo to a mosaic of smaller random photos based on average color values. This was something I had played with in the past, but I had a limited library of images at my disposal. The one below was created with images from Flickr using Image Mosaic Generator (v2.0) found at http://www.adelaider.com/image-mosaic/ and a picture taken with my cell-phone camera last April in Seattle:



Question: If you can have fun without learning anything, can you learn anything without having fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment